Friday, September 23

Books - Borders - Beatitude

Visited The Book Barracks today. What a beautiful place. You know how when you come into a space and just know that you belong? That is how I felt when I stepped into The Book Barracks. It is the little details. Signs handmade with love. Tibetan prayer flags. Namaste. I still have fond memories of my first time in Nepal. 



Just like the founder of Books Beyond Borders. I remember the children, gorgeous little beings with rosy cheeks and cheerful eyes. But unlike the founder, I did not go on to run a successful social enterprise. Amazing what passion and a heart to give can achieve. Truly inspiring, and very inspired. 

I generally prefer to borrow books from the library or source from Books Don't Throw if I have particular titles in mind. Very often I just read what is available if the title or cover piques my interest. But when I do wish to buy a book, I am so glad there is Books Beyond Borders that allows me to get a pre-loved one and do good at the same time! 

A special shoutout to Yu Xuan for her assistance in my quest for this Meditation book. When I first reached out, I was informed that they do not have it but I received another message the following day that they just got one! I will call that beatitude! 

Had actually walked out of the cozy shop after making my purchase but felt so compelled to put up this post, I returned and asked Yu Xuan for a photo! Thus here's rounding up my fastest blog post of books, borders and beatitude. 😉

No comments:

Post a Comment