Monday, March 29

2 tablespoons of maple syrup

Right after I graduated from university, I went on an extended trip to Australia. This graduation trip lasted 3 months which was the when and how I fell in love with Jester pies and Anzac biscuits. Although not as impossible to find as Jester pies, I hardly find Anzac biscuits being sold in Singapore. I am almost certain to buy one whenever I see one!


 Thus, when I saw the Anzac Biscuit Mix being sold at The Source Bulk Foods, I knew I had to get my hands on it. Lucky me was even offered a bottle (shelf life almost up) that was 50% off at the cashier! Definitely meant to be. Thankfully the instructions were simple enough. The mixture only required 3 additional ingredients of which the only item I did not have on hand was maple syrup.

So, I definitely can afford to buy myself some maple syrup but it is most certainly not a staple in my household and I do not wish to buy even the smallest bottle only to find it forgotten and expired months down the road. What to do??

 

Scratchbac to the rescue!! It appears to be not as well known as SG Assist and somehow I had the mistaken idea that it is only available to some estates?!?! But the objective is similar. Anyway, I finally got on it recently and I actually prefer the Telegram interface of Scratchbac compared to SG Assist app. 

This was only my second time using Scratchbac and after having no response via Olio, I was not hopeful... But I received not one but three offers to help! The very first respondent also happened to stay in the same condo as I do! So we met up the very same night with me receiving a carefully measured portion of maple syrup and her receiving some snacks from me just steps away from the comfort of our homes. 

 

I am just in awe by how technology has enabled the Chinese saying of 远亲不如近邻. Especially for someone like me who is relatively new to this estate; this is a pretty good way to connect with my new community! And I get to enjoy a batch of freshly baked Anzac biscuits... 🤤I do so love the taste! Shall be delivering a couple of them to my newfound friend in the estate too!! Thanks for scratching my back with the maple syrup!?!?!


 



No comments:

Post a Comment