Tuesday, December 22

Something Nice That I Did For Others

This reminded me of a Facebook post I chanced upon in November. I really like it because I want to be that kind of a force of goodness. 
I have done all the examples listed with just two exceptions. I don't have the habit of tipping especially since it is uncommon here in Singapore. But I definitely can be more generous with tip boxes I come across.. though I often made it a point to publicly compliment good service I received. Should use this new Service. I Like. initiative more! 

The other one of waving at police just feels weird if I'm by myself! The last time when I was out cycling with the kiddos, I encouraged them to say hi to some NParks officers at work. One waved back but did not answer their question of what they were doing on a boat in a lake. 🤣

Everything else has pretty much become second nature to me. Holding doors, giving way, greeting and smiling at others, sharing food and being patient are really not that difficult at all. Oftentimes, I find these little acts of kindness bring about interesting interactions that I would otherwise not enjoy.

Some I absolutely love and can't resist doing. Entertaining babies? I once had a staring competition with one. More than thumbs-up, I had also winked and stuck my tongue out at kids on a regular basis. 😜

Finally, buying coffee for a stranger is exactly what Suspended Coffee, the page where I saw this post, is all about. In Singapore, we had the Chope Food for Needy (didn't realize it was that long ago! ) and more recently the Belanja Eat which I attempted to start in a coffeeshop near me but the hawkers were not keen. 😔 Well, I'm always on the lookout for opportunities to treat another 🙂

Hope this inspires you to act in the name of kindness too 😍


No comments:

Post a Comment